Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dominican Republic

So I've been holding out on posting because I wanted to grab some photos from other people on the trip, but it sounds like it's going to be another week at least before that happens, so here are a few that I took or managed to get in the meantime.

The whole group under the sign of the farm in the mountains we were volunteering at, Finca Alta Gracia. There were actually two groups: the larger agricultural group, which I was co-leading, and a smaller storytelling group.
The place we were staying is through the trees to the left.
Walking to the community garden where we did some work:
This little guy was helping out:
Picking coffee:
The coffee beans, still on the plant
Learning to do some pottery from a woman who runs a traditional art shop:
Learning to play dominoes, which is very big in the DR:
Morning yoga on the porch, overlooking the valley:
The cook's son learning photography:

0 comments: